Floyd County Board of Education
Superintendent: Henry Webb
Superintendent Message & Page
Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes Click Here
Archived Board Meeting Agenda
Archived Board Minutes
What are the board's responsibilities?
The overall responsibility is to oversee the development, operation, and improvement of the Floyd County School System to include:
- Approving high-quality instructional programs
- Reviewing student progress
- Reviewing the educational program
- Appointing the superintendent
- Approving the FCS annual operating budget
- Approving purchases and contracts
- Accepting contracts for new construction, renovations, and building additions
- Ensuring practices and policies are in agreement with the Kentucky Revised Statutes
- Establishing tax rates
- Performing all duties prescribed by the Kentucky Revised Statutes
Board members may not act independently on official matters. They may act only as a group on board-related decisions.
What are the board's goals?
- TOP 5 SCHOOL DISTRICT
- College and Career readiness rate of 90%
- Remain fiscally solvent and efficient
- ACT 19.5
- KPREP 82
- Attendance 96%
When and where does the board meet?
Regular Meetings are usually scheduled on the Fourth Mondays and will begin at 6:30 P.M. CLICK HERE
to view the Board Meeting Calendar.
Who is My board Member?
What are the board's policies?
To view the board policies click here.
Board Appreciation Video